Friday, April 2, 2010

4/100

Book: David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

Long after it was dark I sat there, wondering whether anybody else would come. When this appeared improbable for that night, I undressed, and went to bed; and, there, I began to wonder fearfully what would become of me. Whether it was a criminal act that I had committed? Whether I should be taken into custody, and sent to prison? Whether I was at all in danger of being hanged?

Note: I had to read this for Victorian Literature, but it has become one of my favourite books! An incredibly satisfying read, but at 855 pages, it was never meant to be read quickly (as someone, I unfortunately forget who, said very judiciously). My lecturer described it as the greatest book of English Literature. How's that for a review? But I'm inclined to agree. Go read it - slowly - because it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment